A church for the Community
Serving the Brooklyn community since 1977
OUR YOUTH A passionate youth for the Lord.
OUR PRAISE AND WORSHIP Praise and Worship music live every Sunday service.
OUR VISION Seeking the Face of God as one.
In 1977 the American missionaries Rafael and Norma Brandemburg, along with a small group of believers from the Dominican Republic living in New York established the first Christian congregation of the Missionary Church, which focused on the spiritual needs and material needs of the Hispanic population in the Williamsburg area in Brooklyn, NY.
Pastor of Dominican origin, Felipe Arias and his wife Ursula, join the work of Rafael and Norma Brandemburg. In 1983 Felipe and Ursula Arias began to serve as pastors of the congregation. In the year 1984 the local Iglesia Evangélica Misionera of Brooklyn (IEMB) was set in the field of Cypress Hills in Brooklyn at 93 Norwood Avenue. Since the year 2000, the temple is located in 734 Jamaica Avenue, in the same neighborhood.
From then until now, IEMB has served the community in the area; preaching the Word of God, making disciples according to the teachings of Christ, and helping those in need by providing food supplies.
Iglesia Evangélica Misionera of Brooklyn is part of the Council of Missionary Church (Missionary Church). For more information go to www.mcusa.org
As part of the Missionary Church, Iglesia Evangélica Misionera of Brooklyn states that in obedience to Jesus Christ the Lord, it is committed to being holy people of God in the world and build His church, evangelize the world, disciple and multiply growing churches, all to the glory of God.
- The Bible is the Word of God. The Bible remains today as the unchanging authority in matters of Christian faith and practice.
- There is only one true God, whose existence is eternal in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Father is not from anyone. He is the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the author of salvation, the Father of all who are born to new life through faith in Christ.
- It is God's will that all be saved.
- The Father desires that every believer receives the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead and by his blood we are redeemed from sin and by his stripes we are healed.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity God, who sanctifies, empowers, teaches, guides and comforts the believer.
Our Weekly Services:
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -Worship Service
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 pm- Bible Study
7:30 pm to 9:00 pm- Prayer Service
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.- Morning Prayer
8:00 pm to 9:30 pm- Small Groups “Casas de Refugio”
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m-. live radio program with Pastor Felipe Arias
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm -Youth Service
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 pm -Food for the community
Giving is a vital part of our spiritual formation and growth. It is an active expression of our faith. It recognizes God as our True Provider and affirms our confidence in His ability to supply all of our needs. Please click the below button for online giving.